We focus on three facilities to aid deployment:
- providing thorough documentation
- collecting feedback and feature requests
- providing a clear and responsive user mailing list
Problems or questions on using sshguard
Use the documentation first. Try searching on the site with your favourite search engine if you think you can't track down your answer.
Snoop into the mailing list archives to see if your question has been already answered directly.
Feel free to post to the users mailing list if you're still unclear.
Is it that you want to ask for a new application being monitored? Or you want some other log messages being caught? These requests are welcome to our attack pattern submission system.
Do you want to run sshguard on a system whose firewall is not among the supported firewalls? These requests are welcome to our firewall submission.
Help on packaging sshguard
If you want to have the possibility to manage installation and updates of sshguard from your system's package manager, consider becoming the maintainer yourself! Preparing a package usually requires only a few hours, and sshguard is particularly easy to package, because it is a single binary, has no dependencies, no conditional parts to install, and all building options are controllable from ./configure arguments.
If you need help, or look for advices on packaging choices, turn to the maintainers mailing list.
Latest Releases View all»
F.A.Q. View all»
- What is sshguard?Sshguard is a small program that monitors services running on your machine from the log files. When it ...
- I use IPFW and IPs are not successfully blockedFor minimizing the intrusiveness, sshguard puts blocking rules very low in the IPFW chain (with IDs from 55000 ...
- Sshguard does not workYou have one of these problems: sshguard is not given logs correctly sshguard cannot run the commands for ...